A holiday with your new-born baby/young child can seem daunting, but with a bit of preparation travelling can become child’s play thanks to Milton’s top tips:
- Keep calm and trust yourself: your baby is happy with you wherever you are.
- Plan in advance and choose a place you feel is easy and accessible. Some mums are happy if they are closer to home, others don’t mind a bit further afield
- Consider scheduling the car trip around babies nap time
- Book baby-friendly accommodation, check online reviews for recommendations and check which baby equipment is available.
- Add a small first aid kit to the nappy bag plus a couple of spare sets of clothes for layering and nappy accidents
- Take plenty of snacks and drinks for travelling and the first few days of holiday
- Make sure you check the long weather forecast and bring weather appropriate baby’s clothes with you
- Bring favorite items that your baby associates with sleep, a toy or a comforter
- Bring small soft toys to distract or entertain your baby when he/she’s not quiet/starts to cry.
- Don’t forget your Milton products: the hand gel to keep germs away and the wipes to clean and disinfect everything without rinsing.
Don’t forget to relax! You are on holiday, a special time together to make some wonderful family memories.